Thursday, March 20, 2008

St Kilda Beach

What is it with the association between beaches and sunny days? With all the advice nowadays on not staying out in the sun so much, why is it that people still insist on going to the beach when the day is super sunny?

So it happened that 2 Sundays ago (when it was 40 degrees), my friends decided to head down to St Kilda Beach for brunch and then the beach. I was very thankful that my bag contained an umbrella that a friend got for me as a birthday present. It was the most practical present ever and perfect for the conditions.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This is Jon. I have nothing else to say about him.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I have nothing to say about these people either.

I do have some comments about brunch though.

I decided to order pancakes as I didn't feel like ordering any eggs or bacon or sausages since I can make those stuff at home anyway.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
However, I also drank one whole glass of banana milkshake before that, and, I was by then already overloaded with sugar and was craving for something oily and meaty, but all I got was this, while my other friends all ordered bacons and eggs and sausages.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The craving was so bad that I actually traded one of my pancakes for half a small sausage.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I suppose this must be muesli.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
And this must be coffee.

Anyway, we headed off to the beach after that hung around.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 comments:

changyang1230 said...

The last pic & caption: priceless.

Jian said...

LOL at the caption for Jon's picture.