Monday, March 19, 2007

Last year, I had a neighbour who loves techno/trance music and has some super speakers, which irritated the hell out of me. For the whole year, I had to suffer her music, day and night. It was most especially irritating when I was doing some reading peacefully and then hearing the beginnings of music which I know will not end until I called her to turn it down or something.

This year, my new neighbour isn't as bad. But she tends to have parties quite often. And by parties I mean she invites people over to chat and have a drink and there's music as well. :( This isn't too bad as it doesn't happen in the mornings or afternoons, but when it happens just when you need the peace then its bad.

However, this year, I have my own defensive mechanism.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Sony Ericsson Walkman Earphones with noise cancelling function. Cancels about 75% of the noise which is good enough for me. Took a while to get used to but once I did, its awesome. Its detachable so I can just use it without putting any music on. When I do put the music on, I usually can't hear anything anyone is saying.

"What?? I can't hear you!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wont it make ur ears painful? It does to me especially when i listen to my AIPOT. I still advocate the fact that we have right to silence/peace and quietness. Hence we should put those people who are noisy at the stakes. Burn Burn Burnnnn baby burn! Muahaha this is written with so much hatred. But bear in mind, im actually a peaceful person at heart.

NB When i read the first line, my first impression that it was a HE!

crushedguava said...

haha. even girls can be very noisy.
i thought your AIPOT uses the normal type of earphones, no?