Saturday, March 24, 2007

Yesterday night was the most exciting Friday night that I have experienced in a long while. I know other people may have different opinions but I thoroughly, genuinely enjoyed myself.

Usually, Friday nights would see me going to the internet cafe to play DotA and I'll come home after 12 and that will be that. Yesterday night, was the Melbourne University Overseas Student Service (MUOSS) Night Market. Basically pasar malam lah. And pasar malam means food.

So there I was at 6.40pm, getting ready to leave my room, when it RAINED. Heavily. But that's a GOOD thing because Melbourne has been experiencing a drought for ages. Any longer without rain and pretty soon we won't even be able to bathe.

Thus I grabbed my umbrella and trod down to uni, evading puddles of water on the way there.

It was difficult taking pictures in the rain though. Hmm.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Hungry? Or course.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
That's not the CCS (Chinese Cultural Society) stall though. Ramli wannabes. But not bad. I had 2 of those burgers.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The Malaysians of Melbourne University (MoMU) had a stall there as well. And they were selling Roti John and Teh Tarik. Sad to say, I'm not in the club. But the food was good.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
So finally we left the night market, and proceeded back to Ormond.

Jon and I wanted to play a game of DotA before attending Movie Night in the Junior Common Room (JCR) in Ormond. However, at about 10 pm, Melbourne was suddenly plunged into a city wide blackout.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Heh.

Let's try it again.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Well then, a premature end to my night. Not for my friends though. They, went down to Lygon Street for shisha.

No comments: