Monday, May 5, 2008

Mercadante Woodfired Pizzeria

Considering I've been in Melbourne for 3 years plus already, and have been living not that far off from Lygon Street, and now living much much more closer to Lygon (only one street away), its a shame that I've only been to 2 of multitude of Italian restaurants there (Corretto's and Villa Romana), Vina Bar and Lambs notwithstanding. So, I've decided to embark on The Quest to Sample More Italian (or Non-Asian) Restaurants on Lygon Street.

And the first one on my hit list is Mercadante Woodfired Pizzeria.

DSC00073

DSC00074

And how was the food, you might ask? Well, nothing was really spectacular. What you see here is what I got then. Perhaps I ordered the wrong things. Reviews on the net seem to be very highly in favour of this restaurant.

Oh wells, I'll have to try it again some other day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed. I have been there once, and we ordered a steak, a pizza (can't remember what it was) and a lasagna to share between 3. and the steak was GLORIOUSLY SUCCULENT. (hmmm, what a nice little description!) Maybe it was the fact that i was starving. But nonetheless, my sister and friends think highly of Mercadante too.

crushedguava said...

You sure its gloriously succulent or not? Next time I go tapao and try.

Anonymous said...

Capital letters indicate sarcasm, in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

you tapao sure not good lah. LOL.

as for jian, sarcasm is his daily language.

crushedguava said...

i want to go home and tapao char kuay teow and similar stuffs.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could go to that place so that i would be able to taste all their foods,Even though i've seen some pictures only of the foods...I know that it was really a delicious one...
restaurants wells