Tuesday, July 10, 2007

To sum it up, food-wise, it was a great trip back to Malaysia. I'm glad to say that this time, I was able to eat everything that I wanted to eat before returning to Melbourne. From the Bak Kut Teh and durians in my previous post, to 1901 Hot Dogs and Dai Pao, mamak in Murni in SS2, nasi lemak at home, chicken rice in Kelana Jaya, Japanese buffet and self-made Unagi Don in Jogoya, awesome char kuay teow, a lot of other random one offs, and even takoyaki in Takashimaya in Orchard Road, Singapore, I ate them all.

And as a fitting end to the whole series, my grandma fried some noodles for the lunch on the day that I was flying off.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Eating that just brings back all the wonderful memories from my secondary school days, back when I was still living in Subang Jaya, when my grandma would once in a while make this noodles. It is just that damn good. What's better is that I can eat as much as I want since usually she makes a lot, knowing how much we eat. ;p

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
And this is something else that I haven't eaten in a long time. Its super good in porridges, but when eaten alone, its not that good. However, its like meeting a good friend whom you haven't seen in a while. And all is good again.

No comments: